EVENT CALENDAR 2017
- Reset + Revitalize: Day of Healing at Comfy Fitness, Oct 8, 2017. 11am to 7pm. I will be presenting a group Biofield Tuning session at 11:30am. Classes throughout the day.
- Women Mobilized for Change. A ensemble performance piece written by Carron Little, directed by Karen Yates, to be performed in Marquette Park, LaFollette Park, and the Peace Park (in Lincoln Park), the last three Saturdays in August, 2016, 2pm. See the Chicago Park District "Night Out in the Parks" program for details.
- Orangutan at Chicago's RhinoFest. Text, songs, soundscape. With composer Eric Reda, Every Thursday Jan 21-Feb 25, 2016.
- Amok Festival '15. Debut of the work Amok, and a 3-day fest devoted to colliding cultures and seismic shifts in the earth. Multimedia performance, food, dance, gamelan music! Links Hall Chicago, 3111 N Western Ave. For tickets, go here.
- Actor in Wozzeck at the Lyric Opera of Chicago. November 2015
- Amok In the Works Residency showing, Saturday, August 15, 2pm, at the Chicago Cultural Center. 78 E Washington in the Dance Studio (enter thru Randolph Street doors. Dance Studio located to the left of staircase) FREE
- June and August, 2015. Amok residency at the City of Chicago's Cultural Center as part of the In the Works program.
- Jan 18, 3pm. Guest artist on Ira Murfin's Our Theatrical Future at the Rhino Fest, Chicago.
- September 26-28, 2014, LinkUP residency workshop performance of Amok. Shared bill with co-resident artist, dancer Jessica Cornish. Links Hall, 3111 N. Western Ave, Chicago. $10-$15. TICKETS HERE. Parking on side streets. Also in Bulaw parking lot (SW corner of Belmont and Western) with permit available for download and copying here.
- July 30, 2014, 7pm. Physical Festival Scratch Night. Scenes from Amok. Karen Yates/Sky Area Ten. Other Chicago physical theater companies will also show works in progress. Links Hall, 3111 N. Western Ave, Chicago. Parking on side streets and in Bulaw parking lot with permit.
- April-September 2014, residency at Links Hall, Chicago, to develop Amok.
- May 31, 2014, Chicago Dream House, a social engagement project, Albany Park, Chicago. 5141 N Kimball in the North Park University parking lot.
- March 12, 2014. The debut of the sound work Mauritius: "Burial-Excavation," as part of Heather Layton's 59 Days, a project investigating the 59 countries that celebrate independence from Britain.
- February 20, 2014, American Bacchae Infrasonic exhibited at Wang Xin's The Gallery in Beijing, China
- February 20-23, 2014, The Willies. Directing Chicago playwright Jenny Magnus' work as part of a celebration of her plays during the 25th annual Rhinofest, Chicago.
- December 1-15, 2013, American Bacchae Infrasonic, official selection, in the 8th Annual Streaming Festival of Audio Visual Art, The Hague, The Netherlands
- November 2013, teaching a Playback intensive for students at Caldera Arts Center, Oregon
- Nov 1-2, "A Night of American Opera," Chicago Opera Initiatives. Directing scenes from Barber's 10-minute Hand of Bridge and Vanessa, and Corigliano's Ghosts of Versailles at Calles y Suenos Gallery in Pilsen, Chicago
- Oct 10-13, TransCultural Exchange Conference, Boston
- Oct 3, 6-8pm, Propeller Fund Award ceremony, "Chicago Dream House," recipient. Hull House, 800 S Halsted, Chicago. All invited.
- Summer 2013, Finishing next draft of the libretto for the electronic opera Frequency Response, among other projects.
- March 23, 2013, Open Studio at Caldera Arts Center in Sisters, Oregon. Presenting a new play in progress and complementary sound work.
- March 2013, Residency at Caldera Arts Center in Sisters, Oregon.
- February 3, 4, 10, and 11, 2013, American Bacchae workshop production at the 24th Annual RhinoFest in Chicago. Four performances only. 9pm.
- January 21, 2013 - February 23, 2013. Directing Stadium Devildare at Chicago's Red Tape Theatre, written by Ruth Margraff. Running till February. More info here.